Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I am trying to reach Dr. David. I had a discussion

Customer Question

Hello, I am trying to reach Dr. David. I had a discussion with him back in Februray and would like to continue the discussion please. The doctor picture is different than before. Is he still On the site.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, I am still the same Dr. Davidwhat is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. David, your picture is different on here now? Why is that? Do you remember our conversation on Botox and facial fat loss? This has progressed and I saw a plastic surgeon last week that looked at my face now and a picture from January. I am still desperately searching for answers on this. As I started losing fat in my face my body changed and I gained about 6 lbs. that went straight to my thighs. I know you mentioned autoimmune diseases as a cause, but never told me which ones. Also, could some sort of metabolic issue have been triggered? Still concerned about when the fat will come back, because I keep losing it ? Can you shed some light ?
Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I changed my picture because of personal and privacy reasons.what did that plastic surgeon say about your face?http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/kabgreider/profile/were your old photos.do you have new photos?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I forgot to finish that thought. He said I have lipoatrophy. He seemed concerned and asked about autoimmune diseases. I mentioned the Botox and he said I would be the first that he's seen. But, didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility. I just don't know if it triggered some sort of metabolic issue? I just don't know where to turn for help? The fat that kind of came on in my thighs was strange too and seems related.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't sound like you have any metabolic issue.do you have new photos?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I can send pictures. I forget how to do that?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can upload to photobucket like you did before.or use these intructions.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. David, I uploaded them to photobucket. My whole head and face are so much smaller overall. First one January 2015, second one this week.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I don't seem much differentI think you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plastic surgeon saw me in person and said that I have it. I didn't mention it, he did. My whole face and head are smaller. Believe me and I've already been through this..... I wish it was anxiety. Do you want to try and help me or not.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I do want to help youyou could have fat atrophy very much of the faceyou have try to explore sources and causes for it.but there are really no treatments for fat atrophy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me before that the fat would come back? What is the prognosis and time line of this. What should I be tested for?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
in some cases it will come back.it some cases of fat atrophy it can stay stable.I think your face has stayed stable and not gotten worseI think your anxiety is making the whole situation worse and making you more worried than you need to beI have seen your photos from Jan and now. they are not significantly different.you don't need any more testing at this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me before that the fat will restore on it's own? It's in your response.
I know my own face and it has gotten a lot worse in the last 7 months. This has nothing to do with anxiety, so don't put it in that bucket.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
well, then you should give yourself more time for that fat to restore thenyou were worried about it after you had the botox injection.