Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I am a 40 yr old obese female who has high blood

Customer Question

I am a 40 yr old obese female who has high blood pressure, mild asthma, OSA, and insomnia. Recently I have been having issues with feeling shortness of breath and the inability to get a deep full breath. Instead I find myself over breathing taking fast small breaths. I was seen in the ER and was told that all of the tests were normal except for a slightly low level of PH which indicates acidosis and to follow up with my primary care physician. My primary care physician requested copies of all the blood work and other testing done during the ER visit. Upon my review of the test results I found a couple of disturbing findings and am wondering 1) What they mean and 2) Why weren't these mentioned by the ER doctors.
The first funding was a 12cc subpleural bleb in my lower left lobe of my lungs. Also, eventration of my hemidiaphram.
The second was a focal irregularity in the proximal left circumflex in my heart.
Are these serious conditions? What do they mean? My doctor thinks my shortness of breath is attributed to my mild asthma.
I would really appreciate any info you can share with me as right now I am very scared I'm dying.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question,
I’mCustomerand I’ll try to help you.
Bleb is a small bubble or blister in lung. Subpleural means located under the covering layer of lung. This is not very large to press on the lung to cause shortness of breath.
The eventration is protrusion of diaphragm above towards thorax. If large it may cause shortness of breath. But it may be small as ER doctor did not mention it to you.
The abnormality in the proximal left circumflex artery is unlikely to cause shortness of breath unless it is obstructing the lumen & causing angina, infarct.
From all your history, those findings are unlikely to be serious.
Your primary doctor is right, mild asthma can be the factor.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So is a bleb something to be concerned about? I read somewhere it can pop and cause your lung to collapse.Is it common to have an abnormality in the left circumflex? Would the doctors have seen any obstruction in the CT?What about the acidosis? How is that affecting my shortness of breath?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Did you have EKG?
Any abnormal finding there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I had an EKG completely normal and a d-dimer test normal as well.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Bleb can rupture but it does not always.
Abnormality in artery can occur but if there was ischemia or low blood supply to heart, it would show in EKG.
Acidosis can occur from many causes.
Besides lung disease, dehydration, exercise, medicine, alcohol etc. can cause it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to start a new question to ask you an unrelated question?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Unrelated topic would need to open a separate question.
But you need to give a positive good or excellent rating to complete this question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not really satisfied with the answers they are kind of vague.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
What is your specific query?