Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My upper respetory tract has become irritated and has been

Customer Question

My upper respetory tract has become irritated and has been since our living room and kitchen were painted. The painter said it was low voc paint. Remedy?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. What are your symptoms exactly and for how long exactly you have them? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dry non productive upper respiratory irritation for about week and 1/2. Tickle and then cough. Sleep through the night but wake up unchanged. No worse- no better
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This can be due to upper respiratory tract allergy or acid reflux. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab Claritin once daily, capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily for a week can help you. I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, add one table spoon each of ginger extract and black pepper. Make a solution and take one teaspoon twice daily. It might take 5 days or more but will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards