Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am 48 years old and just started birth control pills on July

Customer Question

I am 48 years old and just started birth control pills on July 18th first day of my period to try and avoid my period for my wedding September 10th, however I am now worried about side effects of the pill and have decided to stop. My periods have become irregular possibly perimenapause. Can I just wait and see if it comes next month and if I don't get it by the end of of August can I just restart the pill in hopes of skipping it for my wedding?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. There is a shot that will do that. It is called Lupron. This shot essentially works by inducing a chemical menopause by telling your brain to stop releasing the hormones that cause the menstrual cycle. It will turn off your periods for three months. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.