Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

The other day my doctor confirmed that I have cysts rupturing

Customer Question

The other day my doctor confirmed that I have cysts rupturing on my ovaries and she didn't really give me any advice or anything to do. Now last night my boyfriend and I were having Intercourse and I got a very sharp pain like someone was stabbing me in my lower right abdomen and the pain is continuong. I don't know if I'm suppose to go to the hospital or what to do. Also I've had mirena for about 2 qnd a half years now but I have never felt pain this bad.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. How were the ruptured cysts diagnosed? Where exactly is the pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an ultra sound and it showed them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and were exactly is the pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is on both sided under my belly button where my "bladder" or as I would say "ovaries" would be assumed to be from a non doctor
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. While these can be very painful, sometimes if the pain is worsening it's because the ruptured cysts are bleeding. For that reason you need to call your doctor or get to an emergency room for another scan and blood work. Usually all that's needed is pain medication in cases like this but to be on the safe side you need to be re-evaluated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't want it to be me over reacting because I know they are there... however this happened to my grandma and she needed surgery and had cancer...
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, this isn't cancer and sometimes these do need surgery but it may just be that they're causing you a lot of pain and they aren't bleeding. I just think you should at least call your doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor is kinda far.. do u feel that a walk in clinic will sufise or should I just go to the hospital
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
A walk in clinic would be fine for now--I just would like you to see a doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will go to the walk in then.. unless a hospital would be alot more efficient
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure