Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Stretch marks on Teenage boy

Customer Question

My 14 year old son has been getting stretch marks on his back since early spring. He now how stretch marks that look like a WiFi pie lol. It wad just a few stretch marks buy now more are appearing. Our derma said it looks like from growing so much. I looked on the Internet and they talk about marfron disease. No one in our family has this though. He has grown alot in the last 2 years and is skin and bones. He is very athletic. Plays soccer several days a week

Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Stretch marks at his age may indeed be due to rapid growth. At his age and since still growing they would be more likely to recover and improve with time. Marfan's syndrome is a disease of connective tissue and characteristics may include long fingers and loose joints...if suspected he might be tested for it. Probably not due to Marfan's syndrome though ...I think that is less likely Rapid growth or weight change tends to be associated with stetch marks. At his age as I noted I think more likely he is to see improvement. I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by loose joints?

Hello again, If he was able to have super bending of joints such as fingers or elbows ...or many people call it "double jointed" This would not really be a double joint but ability to dislocate joint. Loose connective tissue may allow for bending fingers back to unusual extent.That would be a symptom of possible connective tissue being abnormal or loose in nature. I hope this explanation is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions.Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD