Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I scratched the back of my thigh earlier today. And scratched

Customer Question

Hi! I scratched the back of my thigh earlier today. And scratched off what felt like a small pimple. I couldn't see it since it was the back. It won't stop bleeding! It has been about 6 hours. It's a small spot but just drops down my leg and out of band aids in about 30 minutes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This is likely due to the rupture of a small blood capillary. This should be pressed for at least 10 minutes or longer. You can also press with an ice pack. Please keep your thigh elevated till the bleeding stops. Do you take any blood thinner? Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****