Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I woke up the other morning before I opened my eyes with what

Customer Question

I woke up the other morning before I opened my eyes with what felt like a few head rushes. The rest of the day I felt a bit off and since then the episodes mostly happen at rest in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. I do have anxiety and have gone through some emotional drama lately. Not sure if this is in result to that or it is something medical. When I get distracted or workout I feel fine. Feels kind of like adrenaline rushes in the head followed by becoming nervous from them. I have a history of reading way too much into normal symptoms.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about what you're calling head rushes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feels like a quick shot of adrenaline in the head. No pain or fainting feelings. Just a quick zap then followed by nervous feeling. I have anxiety not sure if it is a result of that or if i am now making it happen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
happens just as i am about to fall asleep or just as i am waking up. almost like that feeling like you are about to fall so you wake up from that quick rush.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's stay on the other page please--I asked you a question there