Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Sore throat

Customer Question

sore throat
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Since when are you having sore throat?Did you have any test or treatment?How old are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My throat has been mildly sore since Thursday. Today it got worse. When I sleep I am sweaty. My nose is stuffy. My ears were hot yesterday but not today. My throat is so sore I don't want to talk. It feels like I have a stick covered with glue stuck on the left side. It feels better when I take ibruprofen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Thursday I was in a barn with hundreds of bales of hay so I thought this was my usual allergies at first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I am a 48 year old female. I have not been to an urgent care center.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,Sore throat can be caused by a number of factors.Often it is viral.But there can be an infection with bacteria too.Sometimes it can be related to allergies.But as it is so painful, it may not be related to allergy. It can be from a bacterial infection.I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.A throat swab can be taken to test for bacteria. You can do warm salt water gargling. Please take plenty of fluid. I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, I'll gargle and go to urgent care tomorrow.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome.If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.Best wishes.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.