Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

With augmentin when can I expect to see clearing up of the pus in strep throat

Customer Question

with augmentin when can I expect to see clearing up of the pus in strep throat
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.When did you start taking Augmentin?What are your symptoms now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started the augmentin yesterday morning at 8 AM with two 500 mg pills then 1 every 6 hours since. When I started one side of my throat was coated with white patches and one gland on same side was very swollen. Now both sides are solid white and both sides have very swollen glands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is very difficult and painful to swallow, I feel feverish.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,Usually it takes a little time for Augmentin or antibiotic to have full effect. In 2-3 days the symptoms start to go away, though the fever may come down sooner. It can take a week to clear the pus fully. You can wait a day or two to see improvement. You can do warm salt water gargling. This will help with throat pain. Please take plenty of fluid. I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. Regards.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. Regards.