Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My blood pressure is 192/106, I have taken meds but the top

Customer Question

My blood pressure is 192/106, I have taken meds but the top number has gone up while the bottom number has lowered. I took the medicine about 3 hours ago, at that time my no was 172/122. Should I go to er? Feeling pretty bad at the moment.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Yes,, you should go to ER. This is alarming high blood. pressure. You may need medications under the tongue (sub lingual) or intravenous injection to lower the blood pressure immediately.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.