Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I got a question so I took one chlordiazepoxide 25mg yesterday at 5pm and was wonder

Customer Question

Hello I got a question so I took one chlordiazepoxide 25mg yesterday at 5pm and was wondering how long it would be in my system for as I wanted to drink with my girl friend tonight and havent seen her in a long time and only took the one yesterday and wouldnt be taking any more she wanted to drink at 10pm tonight and I just dont want to over dose or anything I am worried about that
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concern.
Half life of chlordiazepoxide is 6.6 to 25 hours and it can take 3-5 days for Librium to get out of your system completely.
So it is recommended to avoid alcohol for 3-5 days if possible.
As it is more than 25 hours then more of the medication is likely out of system and if you still want to drink then take small amount of alcoholic beverages and avoid next dose of medication along with alcohol.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.