Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

There I've had liver problems in the past (overdose on

Customer Question

Hello there I've had liver problems in the past (overdose on Tylenol) 2012. I was told to quit drinking which I did for sometime I started to drink again for about a year. Not heavily. About 7 weeks ago I felt nauseous and my right side hurt a bit. I went for blood tests and my billiuburin level was elevated. Everything else was normal. Since then I have had another blood test and everything was still normal and my billiuburin levels went back to normal aswell. Dr says I have gastritis & not to worry it's not my liver. I have been slightly nauseous for 7 weeks now no jaundice, urine is light yellow and some what normal bowel movements. Could I be going into liver failure even though my liver panel test read normal?
Thanks
Dylan
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. With normal liver tests and without symptoms, I will not even think about liver failure. Just nausea doesn't indicate liver failure. Your doctor is right that it can be gastritis. Over the counter available tablet Dramamine thrice daily can be tried for 2 weeks. Your doctor should go for an upper gi endoscopy if not done so far to check for the cause of nausea but I reassure you and give you my words that you don't have liver failure and your symptoms are not indicative of anything serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards