Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Looking person who will help me wean off methadone

Customer Question

Looking for a person who will help me wean off methadone
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having a hard time finding someone to help you wean off of methadone.
why are you on methadone? what pain issues do you have?
why are you taking the klonopin? for excessive anxiety?
are your pain symptoms better? are you having less pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Taking methadone for pain. I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Worked in Law Enforcement for over 20 yrs and a bad car accident caused chronic back and rotator cuff problems. I've been on all the other meds but eventually, they wood start irritating my stomach to the point of bleeding. Methadone was my last option and worked well for many years. They no longer do. People with HS tend to have chronic RLS and I do in all 4 limbs. I've been dealing with this for 40 yrs and have learned to self talk when pain becomes unbearable. Right now methadone is only keeping withdraw at bay but I do have vomiting issues with the methadone which started approx 10-15 yrs ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you have many reasons to be in pain.
sounds like you might benefit from restless leg syndrome treatment like requip or Sinemet to help treat RLS
why are you having withdraw symptoms? because you stopped the klonopin?
methadone is a fat soluable opioid with a super long half life to tapering off of methadone can take many many months and sometimes years depending on the dose you are taking
it has to be done super super slowly to minimize withdraw symptoms.
it can be done, but you need a long calander and you need a lot of patience
methadone pills can be cut to slowly bring down your dose as well
what dose of methadone are you on now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Down to 80 Mg daily and I;ve tried the other RLS meds, they don't work at all. I do have alot of anxiety and tics on the left side of my neck. The Klonipin also helps with chronic insomnia. I worked mostly night shifts in LE. I was seeing a pain Dr at Pima pain institute and he said that the Docs who told me I have to wean off very slowly were "sick" and wrong. I asked twice to continue to see the Dr I was already seeing there as there were no "power" issues. I was refused. I am due now for refills and cannot get anyone to take me. Some of it is insurance issues and some just do "trigger" shots. I used to be on over 200 mg a day and weaned myself down to this. I know It's going to take still much longer to continue to come off, but can't get a Dr to help.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you mean PISA pain institute of southern arizona?
we can not prescribe medications to clients over the internet. that is against federal laws and DEA laws.
have you consulted doctors at
The Pain Center of Arizona
1704 W Anklam Rd #108
Tucson, AZ 85745
paincentertucson.com (###) ###-####
http://www.thepaincenter.com/our-caring-experienced-providers
it is a big center there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, Trigger shots only. Saw Dr Rabe
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
are you willing to go back there?
are they willing to see you again to help you taper off of the methadone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, Everyone is afraid to write for methadone. I don't understand why, it does not give the "euphoric" feeling. The typical cliche is that methadone is heroin without the high. So, I really don't get it. I've had probably over 200 or more urine tests and blood tests. Have NEVER had a dirty drop nor EVER abused them. This is part of my increasing anger right now. I cannot deal with withdraw and I shouldn't have to. AND no not the PISA, sorry I misunderstood you. I was at the Pima Pain Institute. The one you reffered to does not take my insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The nurses at my PCP office spent alot of time trying to find someone (That's what they are saying) and I have as well. I thought that maybe an addictologist would be a good option
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
how about?
Rincon Pain Management Specialist
Holland Matthew MD
4745 E Camp Lowell Dr Tucson, AZ 85712
rinconpain.com(###) ###-####
Integrative Pain Center of Arizona
3945 E Paradise Falls Dr #105 Tucson, AZ 85712
ipcaz.org (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I personally have not tried them, but my Dr's office said they have called ALL the pain clinics and pain centers and the typical answer was "we do not write for methadone" There is suppose to be a new pain Dr at UMC (kino) but nobody got back about that. Dr W Cocochran would take me, I wouldn't have to lie to him and he would give me take homes but It's $320 a month, I live on disability and there is no way I can afford that
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you might have to go to a methadone clinic in your area to get a prescription for methadone then.
here are the clinics in the area
Behavioral Awareness Center Inc Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####Center for Behavioral Health Tuscon Inc Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####Community Medical Services Inc Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####COPE Behavioral Health Services Inc Substance Abuse Services Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####
La Frontera Center Hope Center Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####Pascua Yaqui Tribe of Arizona Adult Behavioral Health Program
Tuscon AZ (###) ###-####
http://www.methadonecliniclocator.com/methadone_clinics_in_Arizona.html
are you willing to try a methadone clinic then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You really don't know that they DON'T EVER write RX's? You have to go everyday and be dosed. I would also have to lie and say I am an addict because will not under any circumstance take someone who uses methadone for pain. And yes, I did go to CODAC for a few years but the counsler knew I was not an addict. He kept saying "I need to hear you say you are addicted and abuse pain killers". So, I said "fine, I guess I don't have a choice. HUGE regret now because if I can get to a point where I can work part time, it would be in LE and now they would find that on my background check.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there are addition medicine and addition centers in tuscon as well
but there they would be treating you again for substance abuse and addition
and you don't have those issues.
you have chronic pain
and you need to see a chronic pain doctor.
you need to call up your insurance company again and see who is in network for you for pain specialist in your area.
have you done that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well of course, they are the ones who are in the clinics and pain centers. Are you Dr's NOT allowed to take new patients and do what's done when you become a new patient to someone?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I have my own practice for cancer patients
I answer medical questions to help clients over the internet
we can't take on patients here through the webportal here at JustAnswer
some insurance companies allow telemedicine as an option.
you have to talk to your insurance company to see if they are willing to pay for telemedicine through the internet.
but to get prescriptions for narcotics like methadone, you have to see a doctor face to face.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I know. Methadone can't even be called in by a doctor. You have to take in a paper script.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will My card be credited back any funds that were taken?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes you can request a refund from customer service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, thank you.