DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have severe pain in the left side of my neck (stiff/nerve

Customer Question

I have severe pain in the left side of my neck (stiff/nerve pain) and a huge knot in the trapezoid area. No pain meds, anti inflam, ice, or neurotin has helped. I was told I have fibroidmyalgia. Have you heard of this before?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes.
People with fibromyalgia often have undiagnosed problems with the cervical spine..the neck.
See a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor.
You might need an MRI to look at the cervical spine.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had several mri's. I do have bulging disk. It's hard to explain but the muscles in my neck all around I have extreme nerve pain. At times it will hurt so bad it effects my jaw and have ear pain.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You need therapy for the bulging disc.
This is what is contributing to the pain.
See a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation....you might need traction, physical therapy and so on.
OK, so that is an initial answer….