DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

So, I have noticed that my equilibrium has been off

Customer Question

So, I have noticed that my equilibrium has been off for the last few days. Yesterday, I had the sensation of the room starting to spin when I laid on the couch or in bed but it isn't like vertigo. It subsides after a little while. I am hydrated. I don't believe I have an ear infection. I am not congested and definitely not pregnant. What else could cause this?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Typically this would be due to viral inflammatoin of the inner ear, not an "ear infection."
It can also be from benign vertigo, which can be cured in the ENT office with the Epley maneuver, this being a simply derangement in the fluid in the inner ear canals.
It can be from many other causes, from anxiety, to heart problems, therefore it must be evaluated.
Today would be best.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.