Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I just threw up what looks like two black with white

Customer Question

I just threw up what looks like two black balls with white spots. I touched it and it almost seems hollow. My stomach has been aching for about two days now. Should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Have you tried pepto bismol or taken any dark food?
Do you suffer from loose stool?
Do you have fever?
Are you suffering with any medical condition?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) Non alcoholic fatty liver disease / PCOS / Insulin resistantAlso about a week and a half ago I did a juice cleanse and got a really bad yeast infection and now I have been following a high protein diet.p.s. this is for my wife :)Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all these additional details.
Sorry to hear about your wife's medical problem.
Vomiting black balls, could be indicative of bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal tract. When blood comes in contact with gastric acid present in stomach, it turns black - brown in color.
Possible reasons for such bleeding are-
Prolonged vomiting can lead to tears in the esophagus, Tumors,
Kidney disease, Alcoholism, A ruptured ulcer, Internal trauma.
It can be caused due to NSAIDS(Ibuprofen ) / peptic ulcer .
Her doctor would suggest for endoscopy of the gastrointestinal tract, along with medical imaging studies and other tests. A thorough clinical evaluation is necessary. It should not be left ignored.
It is advised to visit ER for prompt management.
Hope this helped.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business