Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Well its embarrassing but I have no idea what is going on.

Customer Question

Well its embarrassing but I have no idea what is going on. My ass is numb, rectum near the hole I have no feeling really. part of my balls are numb too - tsticles sorry. and the top part of my penis and a little bit down the shaft is numb. my poop and pee looks normal though. I do have pain urinating just a bit. and It feels like I have to constantly pee. I ;looked online and see various men with the same or very similar sympotoms being diagnosed with nerve damage, or urinary tract infection, or prostatitis, or RSD. I'm 46 no type of sexual encounter that would be dangerous - I'm married. I did do some very heavy lifting moving big tree trunks to the back of are yard 1-2 months ago. This has been very painful recently over past 3 weeks...any help greatly appreciated
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Well numbness is a usual symptom of nerve compression.
A X-Ray/MRI of lumbo-sacral spine can be considered to evaluate the spine.
Also in case you have associated urinary symptoms ultrasound of whole abdomen including prostate be done to rule out B.P.H.
A urine routine examination and blood sugar level be checked.
Neuritis can be associated with chronic diabetes.
Still these symptoms are vague enough to reach a diagnosis and further detailed work up may be done to narrow down the various differential diagnosis.
Also a clinical examination of the area may be done to rule out any localised peri-anal pathology.
I hope this helps