Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Lisa, I've had about 5-6 different isolated episodes

Customer Question

Hi Lisa,
I've had about 5-6 different isolated episodes of swollen eyelids, it could be either left or right. With all of the occasion, I've had to go to the ER for steroid treatment in order to control the swelling. On three separate occasions, the swelling have been on the either left or right cheek and lip with what feels like an inside nodule. I already went to an allergist and ruled out any allergic reaction. I have noticed that before the flareup, I get intense swelling of lower legs and feet and elevated body heat. I am desperate, no one seems to know what I have and I don't know what kind of specialist I need to go see. Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
You should consult an immunology specialist (also called rheumatologist). This may be autoimmune disorder in which our body may react to own tissue. The body immunity may be over reacting and causing these symptoms. The investigations for this are immune panel like sjogren antibodies anti nuclear antibodies, coomb's test, RA factor, Anti dS-DNA, CRP, etc. Also it is important to get the CT scan or MRI of orbit, sinus and face for the evaluation to see a local issue as your symptoms are mostly confined to this area.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, I will make the appointment with a specialist ASAP. I appreciate your quick response.Diana039
You are very welcome, Diana.Please do not forget to rate the interaction.Also let me know how it goes.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.