Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have been prescribed acetilcisteina 200mg,to be taken 2

Customer Question

I have been prescribed acetilcisteina 200mg,to be taken 2 times a day for 2 days before an aorta scan, twice a day on the day of the scan,and twice a day for two days after the scan. All of these to be taken as a solution in water. I really would like to know the reason for this as my doctor in Spain seems very vague. Thanks,
Patrick friend. ( spain).
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.This contain acetylcysteine which is used in people who have lung diseases especially chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). People may have thick mucus in acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, atelectasis which may cause complications like breathlessness or other respiratory issues,, before, during and after a medical procedure. This medication keep the mucus thinned out, secreted by the respiratory passages, so there is no difficultly in breathing and thus respiratory complications are prevented.It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.