Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I recently found out that my husband had a sore on the head

Customer Question

I recently found out that my husband had a sore on the head of his penis. we have been married for 28 years. He says he used protection and it lays doormat but I can not believe for 28 years. And that stress can bring it on. I think long before now it would have shown up. I guess what I am asking it can it lay doormat that long? I do not believe so. Says before we met he was seeing a girl and the same thing happen. And that this can be brought on by stress. I think if he used protection broke and he got it from her. Please help me as I think he thinks I am stupid. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Herpes sores may rarely appear after decades. Stress may predispose for sudden appearance of the sore. The virus stays in the body as dormant and may not cause any symptoms at all. After long years they are known to cause sudden manifestations. A sore swab, blood work for herpes and other STDs may be considered. He should also be investigated for diabetes, which causes low body immunity and thus may be responsible for the appearance of he sore after so long years.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
t is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.