Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have pain in my upper right chest.......pointed pain on pressing next to the bone

Customer Question

hi
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I applied balm and ice to it.....it goes down but reoccurs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never ever taken any medication on the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Well, your symptoms doesn't sound to be related with heart disease.
Angina usually starts with chest pain or tightness, Usually such symptoms are felt on left side of chest. This pain can be felt as dull, heavy, tight or severe. Also pain and discomfort may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach. Patient feels sick or shortness of breath. It doesn't sounds to be heart attack.
The cause can be traumatic or inflammatory and not something of cardiac origin.It can occur with muscle pull or nerve compression.
It could also occur with condition- Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall and may radiate to nearby areas.
For the time, you can take OTC painkiller Tylenol, and avoid any stretching.
Most likely it is not related with serious issue like heart disease.
Please start with OTC Tylenol and take rest.
To treat this condition doctor advise for medications. These are-
-Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin, Naproxen ,Aleve.
-Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants, are very helpful.
-Muscle relaxants, are also very helpful in such cases.
Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.
Hope this helped.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business