Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I just noticed little red dots on my husband lower leg, &

Customer Question

I just noticed little red dots on my husband lower leg, & has a history of blood clot in same leg.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
Sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Has he swelling, pain, tenderness in the leg?
What are his present medications?
Was there any predisposition for the blood clot like prolonged immobilization / long confinement to bed?
Could you please describe the red dots (like numbers, size etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not confined to bed at all . looks like little 20red dots below knee.
Thanks.A new episode of blood clot (deep vein thrombosis / DVT) is not indicative with these red dots; especially if there is no pain, swelling or tenderness in the calf. The most likely explanation for these red spots is mild allergy (usually the cause is not easy to determine). Having said that; you may wait and watch. If these dots increase in number or there is appearance of pain, swelling or tenderness, redness, you may consult your doctor for a D-dimer test and ultrasound (colored Doppler study).It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
The red spots can also be due; an unnoticed trivial injury. Insect bite or allergies are the other possibilities as we discussed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was previously on blood thinners, but not now.. & leg & calf are swollen, but always are. Just worried because its only that leg. None anywhere else. But the leg ( right) with previous clot.
Since there are no new symptoms except the red dots; I would not be worried about the blood clot. I appreciate your vigilance in the matter. But at this point of time, nothing to worry unless there is aggravation or appearance of any new manifestations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you. I will have him call for a appointment with his Dr. Tomorrow, just to double check. Just didn't want to go to ER. unless needed.. Thanks again. !!!!
You are most welcome.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Hope your husband is doing good.
Let me know if I can be of further help. A positive rating would be appreciated.
Thank you.