Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have GAD, and I have been on Lorazepam 4 month. It

Customer Question

I have GAD, and I have been on Lorazepam for approximately 4 month. It really doesn't do anything for me anymore. I noticed it would not last as long at about 2 months in. doc upped my dosage to from .5 twice a day. to 1mg twice a day to 1 mg 3 times daily. still doesn't slow my anxiety. I have to Take 3 or 4 when it gets really bad. for me the anxiety now only goes a way for an hour to an hour and a half.( even w when I first started taking it worked great, and lasted a lot longer. I was wondering if there was anything out there that lasts longer, and be more effective in combating my GAD. (with panic attacks) I've tried all the depression meds, but i am not depressed and have not been able to do anything for me. I have tried buspar, and that did nothing. I also have a lot of trouble sleeping and most of what i have tried hasn't worked. I was taking hydroxyzne and they worked the best for awhile. But that coupled with my lorazepam is no longer effective.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
what other meds have you tried? and what doses?
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
can you list your meds?