Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Lately whenever I have my thyroid levels tested I am diagnosed

Customer Question

Lately whenever I have my thyroid levels tested I am diagnosed with hypothyroidism so I take Synthroid. Lately the last few tests my TSH results have been slightly low and my T3 and T4 are normal. I had it tested yesterday again so my doctor calls it sub clinical hyperthyroidism. I noticed for a while about a week or so my whole body has been itching like crazy could this feeling of itching be due to my thyroid and should I talk to my doctor about trying to decrease my Synthroid dosage.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

what was your most recent TSH level?

yes, this itching could be due to too much thyroid hormone in your body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor also forgot to order liver function test and I just viewed the results of them on my computer the Alanine Aminotransferadd the reference range they want it between I am a 40 year old female is between 17-63 my result was 85. For the test Aspartate Aminotransferase they want the reference range for this test between 0-31 my result came back at 133. What could these two elevated blood tests results mean for me. I have been having a lot of stomach pain and nausea since end of April when I first saw my primary care doctor and he ordered a CT Scan of abdomen and regular X-Ray and the day I had the CT Scan done my primary care doctor called me a couple hours later and said something suspicious showed up on it I looked at the result it said something about right Paracolic gutter mass that I had to cancel my trip to Sweden and he had to put an urgent consult in for general surgery. Since then all surgery has been doing was more test and like this Wednesday surgery wants me to have an MRI at 8:30am and then this Thursday at 10:45am I finally get to meet with a surgeon. Do you think those elevated blood tests could have anything to do with what could be causing my stomach issue. And if so what do you think it could be and do you think I will require surgery.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like your ALT and your AST levels are high

these are your liver enzyme levels

Alanine Aminotransferad is ALT

do you drink alcohol?

alcohol can cause lots of stomach pain and elevation of your liver enzymes.

the itchiness symptoms you have are possibly from your liver not working well.

you also need testing to check for hepatitis. hepatitis viral infection can cause elevation of your AST and ALT levels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never drank alcohol in my entire life at all and what exactly is hepatitis I thought you can only get that from another person contact.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

hepatitis is a viral infection which can infect your liver and cause your liver to be inflamed.

that is good you haven't drank alcohol

your doctors will have to do more testing to see why your liver enzymes are elevated.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have also been having a lot of stomach pain, constipation and nausea it started at end of April when I first went to see my primary care doctor, and he ordered a CT Scan and a regular X-Ray the day I had the CT Scan he called the same day and said that something unusual showed up on it that I even had to cancel my trip to Sweden and my Tummy Tuck I was supposed to have tomorrow and he had to put an urgent consult in to general surgery. So then general surgery had me have a ultrasound I couldn't handle the pelvic part because I have a very hard time undergoing any type of tests that involves inserting anything vaginally or anything done vaginally, and yesterday I finally had the last test done the general surgeon wanted which was an MRI and I finally got in today to see a general surgeon for the first time ever. He said there isn't anything that general surgery can do he will have to refer me to the GYN clinic because he didn't say what but he said it is something with my ovary. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago, but they didn't remove my ovaries, I am 40 years old. Do you think that when I am seen in the GYN clinic since I can't handle at all going through any type of pelvic exam they can make a diagnois and decide the treatment based on all the X-Rays I had done. And what do you think it could be with my ovary do you think it could be anything serious since I am also extremely constipated, nauseated almost everyday. And whatever you think it is do you think I will require surgery for it and if so what type of surgery and if surgery is it a big surgery required and would I have to stay in hospital for many days after the procedure.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what your doctors saw in the ovaries.

you might need a surgeon to go into your abdomen to find out a diagnosis if you are not willing to have a trasnvaginal ultrasound scan.

xrays can't 100% make a diagnosis

you need sometimes to have a biopsy or tissue to make the diagnosis

there is not enough information to say at this point if you need surgery or not.

I need to see more of your medical records and test results to know what is going on.