Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Susan, A couple of months ago as I was getting into my

Customer Question

Hi Susan,
A couple of months ago as I was getting into my car having been standing up all day long, I felt this awful pain shoot from my right buttock into my thigh and all the way down to my foot .
It felt like my whole thigh muscle was cramping up , from my right buttock all the way round to the thigh and on down.
It just came and went like that for a couple of days . The lower leg around the shin muscle also went numb to the touch and I was walking with a limp for a few days.
The pain subsided and eventually went away after a little while but the numbness of the skin on my lower leg stayed for a few weeks before going back to normal and it took a few weeks before I could walk up the stairs properly again .
So it went away but a month ago ,it came back a bit , but much milder and no numbness this time , just a little niggle of pain across my lower back and into my leg , but I do get the feeling that my leg will buckle under me when I walk.
No issues getting up and down stairs.
I have now also noticed a slight indentation in my right lower leg just under the knee about 3 inches long and am really worried if that is muscle wasting
I am beside myself with worry now and have got all sorts of anxiety symptoms from worrying about all sorts of horrible diseases and am absolutely petrified of doctors..
I really need some help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Other expert is currently not available.
It's my pleasure to help you.
What is your age and gender?
Are you overweight?
Do you have lower back pain?
Any other medical illness?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Are you taking any medicines?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.