Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I have a single red spot on the tip of my penis. I am not circumsized.

Customer Question

I have a single red spot on the tip of my penis. I am not circumsized. Neither my wife or I have sex with other partners. The spot is small (< 0.5 cm), isn't on the opening, is slightly raised, pains only slightly and only when touched, has bled a little when squeezed, and is outlined with a small slightly white color (<0.25 cm). I would desribe the spot's color as bright red/purple, not pink (a blood-like color). I haven't changed my soap, but recently moved to a tropical US climate. My hygiene is not as good since the move. Some days it seems to start fading away and I get hopeful it will disappear, but a few days later and it might get worse again. I am a little overweight and have elevated cholesterol levels and take Niacin and Fish Oil to combat this. My blood pressure is normal.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Since your history suggest no exposure to STD other potential causes of such spots near the tip of penis include
1) Fungal Infection
2) Localised irritation from friction.
3) Allergic manifestation
Ideally a swab is taken from the area and sent to the lab for culture to determine whether there is an infection.
Also your blood sugar levels may be checked apart from urine complete examination.
Also poor hygiene/moisture in the area may be a factor resulting in infection.
I hope this helps
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.