Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have been to the doctor, I have a UTI. I am allergic to penicillin.

Customer Question

I have been to the doctor, I have a UTI. I am allergic to penicillin. He prescribed Keflex. Two days in severe abdominal pain and vomiting all night. I called them back, then he puts me on ciprofloxacin, 2 pills later my abdominal is blowed up like I am 7 months pregnant and my insides hurts, like different from when vomiting, I called them back. The receptionist tells me just to take some pepto. Help? Do I need to continue this medicine or do I need something to counteract the allergic medicine?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Sorry for the delay.
I really don't think this can all be just an allergic reaction to the antibiotics.
You really need medical attention right away for this since there could be a problem with pancreatitis, a bowel obstruction, or a bacterial enteritis.
My strong suggestion is that you get either to an urgent care center or an ER for an evaluation--you need blood work and an abdominal ct scan to start wit
Let me know if you need any more information about this