Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have Crohn's Disease since I was 13 and past 3 months

Customer Question

I have Crohn's Disease since I was 13 and for the past 3 months I have had an obtruction from where the small/large intestine meet. I am on 60mg of Prednison but I need pain meds in a very bad way. Can you help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--I can certainly discuss this problem with you but for a licensed physician to give a prescription to a patient he had never seen in his office would border on malpractice and threaten his license.
Let me know if you'd like to continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, just thought this was an option for a person without medical insurance. I was trying to save money since prescriptions cost an arm and a leg.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But even a prescription from a doctor on line would still have to be paid for at the pharmacy. Can I ask how exactly you're getting the prednisolone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Prednisone from walk-in clinic doctors but pain meds are only given from them in only a 3 to 4 day supply and that isn't very helpful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prednison is very cheap...less that 10 dollars
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Can I ask how old you are and why exactly you don't have any medical insurance?