Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My husband is 83 years old. We're traveling across country

Customer Question

My husband is 83 years old. We're traveling across country and last night he began coughing with what we think is a post nasal drip, except that he has begun to spike a fever at 100.7. He's been hospitalized with pneumonia this past year, but has been fine for the past few months. It's allergy season and he gets post nasal drip, but I am wondering at what point do I take him to the hospital? I've just given him tylenol. There is no tightness in his best and he not having a hard time breathing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is likely a viral infectino along with allergy season.
You should look out for any shortness of breath, severe cough, chest pain.
These will be signs of possible pneumonia.
For bacterial inus infection watch out for any thick nasal drainage, headaches, and snus pressure.
Besides tylenol, he can try Loratadine 10 mg daily to help with the post nasal drip.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****