Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a question about my strange... I have a question

Customer Question

I have a question about my strange... I have a question about my strange symptoms that have started happening lately. Whenever I drink water or liquids I have symptoms like burping, bloating, stomach growling, throat gurgling and a weird sensation in my
throat like a lump or something is there. Recently I have been diagnosed with esophagitis and I'm taking prilosec 40 mg, also herbs like ginger, licorice root, slippery elm it's gotten rid of heartburn acid reflux symptoms that I had before but now I have
these. Do you have any idea what these is from because I'm confused and frustrated and can you give me some advice about what to do I would greatly appreciate it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Many of symptoms you describe such as burping,stomach gurgling,etc would fit with stomach irritation.This could fit well with irritation of lining of stomach such as gastritis or ulcer --- similar factors that caused your esophagitis ...
Recommend diet restrictions to avoid hot spicy foods ( especially over next 6 to 8 weeks!!) avoid alcoholic drinks, coffee, peppers, tomato based products such as spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, avoid onions and peppers, avoid coffee, avoid anti-inflammatory meds such as aspirin, Aleve or Advil...(Tylenol is Ok)
Your doctor may test you for ulcer causing bacteria (H.pylori and treat you for this if needed.
You may benefit some to take a probiotic ...helps with digestion...Activia is example( product with Lactobacillus or Bifidus regularis would be helpful(
Continue the Prilosec to reduce acid production of stomach...
At times a combination to protect the stomach lining too may be helpful...Carafate is such a medicine...
I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards!!
Anthony Bray MD