Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have chronic pancreatitis and find myself fatigued 90% of

Customer Question

I have chronic pancreatitis and find myself fatigued 90% of the time just from doing basic activities; from walking up and down the stairs to doing dishes, and even bathing is sometimes a chore.
Is there any way to possibly help with the fatigue so that I don't feel so drained and tired after doing small activities?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay.
Do you have any other medical conditions?
Have you seen a doctor to test you for the possible causes of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen multiple professionals and my GI specialist is testing me for Autoimmune Chronic Pancreatitis. The other issues I have are IBS, GERDS, and bile reflux which have all been the result of my pancreatitis. I'm on medication for all of them, but I'm at a complete loss for what to do to keep my energy up without energy drinks because so many things irritate my pancreas and cause issues.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand but have you had things like your thyroid function and cortisol levels checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had my thyroid checked yet, but my cholesterol is perfect. I see my primary care physician tomorrow so I'll see if he might be willing to check in to that.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--you misread what I wrote--cortisol--from the adrenal gland--not cholesterol.
If your TSH level isn't well below 2.0 I'd consider you hypothyroid and would treat that.
The problem may instead be low cortisol levels, anemia, or vitamin D deficiency so ask him about checking those too