Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I think I am pregnant. I have had several pregnancy tests in the past months but they come

Customer Question

I think I am pregnant. I have had several pregnancy tests in the past months but they come back negative. I have gained a little weight and by lower abdomen keeps growing bigger and it is getting quite hard to the touch. I have still been seeing my period regularly every month. Some months ago I was diagnosed with hyperprolactinemia, around the same time I started feeling my body change. What do you advise I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Have you undergone ultrasound so far?
Bloating,flatulence?
What about your thyroid profile?
Weight gain?
Stress and anxiety?
Are you taking any medicines?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a transvaginal ultrasound done around the same time I did the first blood work, that was in March or early April . Although my thyroid hormones were around the borderline high at the time, the doctor didn't see it as a call for alarm. Currently, I am taking Dostinex 0.25mg, once a week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been bloated for some months now, my abdomen. My lower abdomen has a round hard touch to it. I am stressed that I could be pregnant, I have dramatically gained weight in the past 2 weeks.
The transvaginal ultrasound revealed a corpus luteum cyst at the time and the doctor again said it wasn't in itself an abnormal finding.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,chances of pregnancy are very low.
As you are getting periods regularly and your symptoms can be related to hormonal imbalance.
You should do repeat ultrasound to screen the size and growth of cyst as it can also contributing factor.
Your doctor should prescribe medicine to lower prolactin levels.High prolactin levels can cause weight gain.
And you should exercise regularly.
Limit your calories intake.
And consult an Endocrinologist for further treatment.
I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been taking Dostinex 0.25mg once a week for the high prolactin level, but I stopped using it some 2 weeks ago. I only recently resumed using it yesterday.
Is there a possibility for tests to be negative with regular periods in pregnancy?
My abdomen just above my pubic bone is like that of a pregnant person. Could that be hormone related too? I do not have such a huge appetite for food, I tend to take fluids more.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
As such it is less likely for a pregnancy test to show a false negative result.
Lower abdomen may be bulky due to central obesity or hypothyroidism.
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I weigh about 56kg, 1.60m tall.
I said earlier that my thyroid hormones were around the borderline high during my first blood work so that couldn't be hypothyroidism. And what is this central obesity? That is not likely either.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Central obesity is due to low physical activity and high-calorie diet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have that either. I forgot to mention that I have been urinating more frequently lately.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Probably since you are getting your periods each month and negative pregnancy tests i don't think you are pregnant.
Frequent urination may be due to mild urinary tract infection.
Drinking more water.
High blood sugar levels.