Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I slamed my head in a van door on Friday. In doing so, I cut

Customer Question

I slamed my head in a van door on Friday. In doing so, I cut the inside of my ear in two places. I had ringing in my head then and my head is sore, but I haven't had any severe headaches. I'm concerned because I have had two bad concussions. I'm also taking some new meds which are supposed to help keep me from getting too emotional, but I have been very emotional since this happened. I was afraid to go to emergency and find I've had another concussion. Now I wonder if I shouldn't go just to be sure. What do you advise?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Given your history of past concussions, and this recent injury, you should go to the ER for a clinical evaluation.
The impact was significant and hence there is risk for intracranial bleeding.
This is possible even without severe headache.
So, better to be on the safe side.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****