Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

111mk, There is an occasional sharp pain on one side of my windpipe.

Customer Question

There is an occasional sharp pain on one side of my windpipe. My throat hurts off and on. I'm tired. No cough or drainage. Lymph nodes under my jaw are slightly swollen it feels like. It feels like I have a lump in my throat or food is stuck there but I have been suffering from the lump feeling for years. The muscle in my neck hurt as well. No fever. Very low in Iron as well as vitamin D. Thyroid tests have always been normal. I'm scared that this is throat cancer or esophageal cancer. Had the stomach flu 3 weeks ago, and threw up for 2 days straight. My throat started after that, as well as the pains in my windpipe. I medicate for acid reflux, but it seems to be under control and has been for quite awhile now. Mainly concerned about cancer in my throat or windpipe. I have never smoked or drank.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
At age 29 and non smoker you would be unlikely to have cancer.
With your symptoms your doctor may obtain neck and chest CT.
That test would thoroughly check your structures of neck and chest and any such abnormality such as enlarged lymph nodes may be picked up.
I hope that this information is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD