Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

The tip if my tongue is number, but discoloration or anything like that and the rest

Customer Question

Hello.The tip if my tongue is number, but discoloration or anything like that and the rest feels just fine, it's just the tip. Could this have been caused my a seizure I had yesterday? They have me an extra dose of my regular meds to bring up my dilanton level and some potassium pills. I feel fine except the tip of my tongue still being numb. It's just a small spot about dime sized right at the tip.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
The numbness at your tip of the tongue is likely due to seizure you had yesterday. This should resolve in 1-2 weeks. If this persists beyond two weeks or the area of the numbness increase; you would need a CT scan or MRI of the brain to look for the cause.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me (in general) how often a CT scan "may" change? I had one a few months ago for a seizure then which came out clear, my dilantin dose was boosted a bit, but I didn't get discharge papers this time, i just know what they did, but it was all extra meds and blood tests, no machines.
CT scan usually do not change in seizure disorder. Since you have developed numbness of tongue; this was the reason I suggested CT scan or MRI to look for its cause (if this persists). Otherwise, CT is not needed.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.