Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

There, I have had a pink squigy lump that I can change the

Customer Question

Hi there, I have had a pink squigy lump that I can change the shape of near my perineum, and its been there for over a year, it doesn't have a head, and as I said I can move it around - not a particularly nice subject but it takes away a colossal amount of self esteem as you can only just see it when I wear a bikini! I know it's more of a personal complex, but its definitely not an ingrown hair, it's not an sti/std and it won't go away! Thinking it could maybe be a keloid? Although I'm not sure. Any feedback or answers would be much appreciated!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
This is likely to be an hemangioma or lipoma which can change shape on pressure. A minor surgical procedure which can be done in doctor's office would get rid of it. A dermatologist or a plastic surgeon can also use a Laser procedure to remove it which is cosmetically more acceptable (as no scarring), though slightly expensive.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.