Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Started bleed ending after week 4. Just light. Went to

Customer Question

Hi. Started bleed ending after week 4. Just light. Went to doc, she said everything looks fine. Received call 5 days later test came back with Uti. Cipro not working. Still bleeding g. Now more bright red. Mostly when urinat. It is vaginal bleeding not bright pink from uti. Need advise of what I need to ask doc to do. Have mild come and go fever.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.

In my opinion you should undergo a ultrasound examination especially of pelvic organs to rule out any uterine pathology.Also a PAP smear test should also be done to evaluate the cervix.A urine culture and sensitivity test may be done to evaluate the bacteria involved and the antibiotic which can be prescribed to cure the infection.
Possibly since you have associated fever and previous urine report suggestive of UTI,
i would prefer a urine culture and sensitivity report to get an idea of correct antibiotic which can cure this condition.
This may be a case of complicated urinary tract infection.
I hope this helps