Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I was drug tested at PM clinic, and it showed positive for

Customer Question

I was drug tested at PM clinic, and it showed positive for percocet. they are sending it out for confirmation. I did NOT take a percocet, and I am really freaked out about this. what is a confirmation test and why would my UDT show positive for something i did not take? i take 4 lortabs a day and do not deviate from that. I feel so ostracized and like I have been deemed a junkie when I have not done anything wrong will they kick me out? it took me 3 year's to get a DR to take me seriously about my chronic back pain and I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which i knew i had for years, as I am an RN
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. We can continue after this but this is obviously a false positive result and the conformation test is a gas chromography/mass spectrometry test which is the gold standard for identifying false positives on urine drug tests. So the GC/MS test should prove you innocent of taking any oxycodone