Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I've had MRI on neck and the results are Normal cervical

Customer Question

I've had MRI on neck and the results are
Normal cervical lordosis.normal vertebral body heights and alignment.spondylotic changes are noted of the c5-c6 and. C6-c7 to cervical dishes.
C5-c6 there is a circumferential disc oeseophyte bar causing moderate to severe bilateral foraminal stenosis potentially compromising the exiting c6 nerve roots.
At c6-c7 there is a circumferential disc osteophyte bar.no neural compromise.
There is no evidence of significant disc osteophyte disease causing central canal or exit foraminal compromise at any other level.
Spinal canal is capacious throughout.cord signal is normal.craniocervical junction normal.
Conclusion:
Cervical spondylotic as described.
Potential for lateral c6 nerve root impingement.
Recommendations: none
I have an appointment in August to see a specialist, but I would like to know in simple terms if it can be treated . Thankyou. Deborah
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
yes, lateral C6 nerve root impingement can be treated.
this pinched nerve can be causing pain to your shoulder or scapula or pain or numbness or weakness in your right or left arm.
sometimes a steroid injection into the area can help decrease swelling of the disk and take pressure away from the nerve
sometimes physical therapy of the neck can help strengthen neck muscles and help decrease nerve pressure
oral steroids or oral NSAIDs can help decrease inflammation as well.
spine surgery is always left to the final option to fix pinched nerves or disk herniations.
are you having arm or shoulder or neck pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all 3
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
sounds like you need to see the specialist sooner
to talk about steroid therapy and steroid injections to help decrease pain.
the longer the nerve is pressed, the more likely you have permanent nerve damage.
if you do take NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aleve, make sure they are with food in your stomach and with plenty of water
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com