Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I've had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck under

Customer Question

I've had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck under my jaw bone for a number of years. It popped up after a really bad cold and never went down. I went to a doctor who drew some blood to see if there was any abnormal labs and everything came back normal. Should this be something I should still be concerned about?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
You should not be concerned at all. This is likely to be non specific lymphadenopathy (lymph node enlarges without any specific reason and remain so for long duration). With all labs coming normal; again suggest there is nothing worrying.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Lymph nodes can many times enlarge on the slightest of provocation as these are our first line of defense. Many times they remain enlarged and do not resolve (despite the triggering event / infection resolving completely).
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.