I would like to add some more information to the above answer. The indication of starting the antibiotics in acute sinusitis are;
1) Symptoms lasting more than 7 days.
2) There are signs of bacterial infection in MRI or CT scan.
3) The culture test is positive.
If any of these is present Z pack can be started which is usually effective.
Following would be the usual treatment protocol of acute sinusitis;
1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.