Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a lump in my lower right back and i loked on web

Customer Question

hi. i have a lump in my lower right back and i loked on web md and since i have nausea and weight loss and fatigue it says i have kidney cancer. it doesnt hurt buts its just like annoying
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long exactly you have this lump? Is it in midline or on a side? Is it soft or hard? Is it fixed to overlying skin or mobile? If you try to hold it, does it slip? How big it is? Is it painful? Any tests done on it so far? Regards.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Please use reply to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive maybe had it for a few months. its midline i would say. but when i hunch over it seems to feel like its goes up a couple inches. it doesnt slip when i hold it. its very faint when it comes to if its hard or soft but when i touch it, it tingles. it isnt painful, but uncomfortable. its about as wide as a dime, but not as long. no tests yet. the doctor said she didnt feel anything about a month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Hi, Thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. First of all I would like to reassure you that it can't be kidney cancer. You are not the first, many people come here daily with similar fear of cancer after reading on websites. The websites just give a common overview. It's not just the symptoms but the persistence of symptoms that matter before diagnosing any disease. Your symptoms are not at all consistent with cancer. The lump can be a lipoma which is basically collection of fatty tissue in body or it can be a sabecous cyst. These are two things which are quite common here at this site of back. The nausea fatigue and weight loss can have other causes like gastritis etc for which you should be assessed by your doctor but they too alone can't be indicative of anything serious. You should ask your doctor to get an ultrasound of this lump to be sure about its presence and cause. It can be removed or can be left as such depending upon the cause but I again reassure you that you should just forget cancer as it is not at all possible in your case. I give you my words for it and request you to avoid website reading as it just gives anxiety and nothing else. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, thank you kindly for your response. why can you tell me it isnt kidney cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. Lumps in the kidney cancer doesn't appear at this site. When they appear the cancer has to be in last stages and by that time kidney cancer is already obvious due to symptoms like blood in urine. Sometime there can be urinary obstruction or fluid in abdomen etc so kidney cancer is out of question for sure. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some times when i wipe, it is orange or light red.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
In kidney cancer or any cancer the symptoms have to persistent and progressive so even if it's blood but if it's sometime, it again rules out cancer. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh k! thank you again if i have any more questions, i will ask.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome. You can even ask more even after you have rated the answer. You will always find me helpful. Regards.