Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

How can i put on weight?

Customer Question

How can i put on weight?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!What is your current weight and height??Have you been losing weight without intending to?What sort of daily exercise or daily activity so you do?Are you having normal appetite? decreased appetite? nausea?Are you looking to get in better shape?? These factors and circumstances would be helpful to know.Let me know what you can and I will get back with you! Best RegardsAnthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6ft2
75kg
Yes
No particular fitness or activities
Im looking to get bigger
Hello again,
Ok I see...Your height and weight correspond to BMI of 21.2 (basically 18 to 24.9 is considered normal range or healthy range) You would be on thin side so I understand your goal...
You want to engage in strength type exercise which serves to increase muscle mass in part.Weight resistance execise at a gym recommended. (I'm not a fan of free weights due to risk of injury...I think the weight resistance equipment is safer and effective(
You want a fairly high caloric intake per day such as. 2000 to 2500 calories and high in protein.
I hope that this helps in your goals. let me know if you have further questions. Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD