Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

History of back problems and have a torn rotator cuff. Recently

Customer Question

History of back problems and have a torn rotator cuff. Recently moved do not have a dr. Yet
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how can I help you here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a torn rotator cuff and herniated disc in my neck recently moved and do not have a Dr. Yet. Can I get a rx. For pain. I am a hairstylist and my profession agrivates my shoulder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, no, for a number of reasons--it would be unprofessional and bordering on malpractice for a licensed physician to offer a prescription to a person he had never seen in his office and, if he did so and that person got the medication, both would be guilty of a felony in the United States. I can give you my suggestion on how to get a legitimate prescription if you'd like. Let me know if you want to continue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Do you have your medical records that document both your rotator cuff and neck problems and did you have a treating physician before you moved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have all of the above
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Good. And have you contacted your previous doctor? And if he was prescribing you pain medication what was that medication?