Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have ringworm and I'm going to Cancun Mexico. I want to

Customer Question

I have ringworm and I'm going to Cancun Mexico. I want to make sure I don't give it to anyone. Also, I'm very senisitive to everything and I need a cure for ringworm that doesn't make me break out in a rash.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Since when are you having ring worm?In which part of the body?Did you take any treatment for it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had it for about a year. I was given a prescription for nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream. It didn't seem to a have lasting effect.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,I am sorry for your sufferings.Ringworm can be spread by skin contact.As it is continuing for a year, I would suggest to take an examination by dermatologist.Skin scraping can be taken for test.You can try otc antifungal creams like lotrimin or lamisil.This can be needed to continue for weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I cantagious in a spa or pool.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, you need to avoid swimming pool or spa while you are having the infection.