Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Feeling faint need to know what to do

Customer Question

Feeling faint need to know what to do
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Please tell me all you can about what's going on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm diabetic type 2. Had glucose level of 470 earlier this morning. Result of long road trip and not eating correctly. Saw emt and tested my glucose level. Felt better until just recently. But at the airport getting ready to board a 3 hours flight. Ate some al.onds drank a couple of bottles of water. What can i do?

of liters of.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well what exactly do you mean by feeling faint. And what was your second glucose level
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

don't. Know the level is now don't have any testers. Feeling a little better now. Was shakey and slightly nauseous. Anything I can do. Before getting on plane? Don't. Want to make matters worse. Fruit? Water any suggestions?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Most likely your glucose is low at this point so you need to eat something and drink some juice. Once you get home you need to recheck your glucose levels and it sounds as though your diabetes isn't very well controlled so you need to let your doctor know what happened today just as soon as possible