Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I had one medrol dose pal right before surgery, a dose of IV

Customer Question

I had one medrol dose pal right before surgery, a dose of IV Decadron during surgery, and then two injections of steroids into my carpel tunnels. I'm a diabetic, & blood sugars went to 400 post op & stayed 300 for four days with. Diabetic diet & insulin q 5 hrs. Two weeks later, blood sugars still 250-200. How long should it take for all of the steroids to clear? I thought they would by now, but still blood sugars abnormal compared to pre surgery numbers..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. The effect of Decadron may stay for for almost 10-14 days, so now onwards, your blood sugar should be controlled. Medrol usually is out of system in a week or less. Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.