Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My MRI showed the following yet I am waiting to see an Ortho.

Customer Question

1. Incomplete proximal tibial metaphysical fracture.
2. Severe chondromalacia patella, distal quadriceps tendinitis, distal patellar tendinosis, full thickness cartilage loss patellar apex, full thickness fissuring at the lateral facet
Treatment??
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typo. Not metaphysical metaphyseal and tendinosis on both.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. An incomplete proximal tibial metaphyseal fracture usually need internal fixation. Though may orthopedist may treat it with just plaster slab. Once the fracture unites; which takes almost 8-10 weeks; extensive physical therapy, deep electrotherapy, knee brace would be required for your rest of the medical conditions (tendinosis, cartilage loss and fissuring of lateral facets which are osteoarthritis changes; wear and tear of the joint) Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.Thank you.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.