Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I'm Teresa,I have a lump in oval shape just below my knee,

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Teresa,I have a lump in oval shape just below my knee, no pain just swells sometimes in the eveings and then I fell on it 2 weeks ago and no bruising just swelling and painful to touch. now it still painful if I get on my knees to pray feels like a pillow under my knee and it stings and burns when weight is on it from being on my knees/ no pain walking
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want a free trail or membership I just want an answer to my wuestion
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Does this place feel sore if you should try to kneel on the bended knee? If so I suspect that you may have Anserine bursitis. There is a small bursa at the lower aspect just below the knee and this flat sack like connective tissue structure may become swollen and inflammed. It may collect some inflammatory fluid within it. I suspect that this may be the problem based on your history.
You may help it some to apply ice or cold pack for 15 minutes several times a day. Taking an anti-inflammatory may help. (Aleve or Advil are fine ---ex Aleve 2 tablets twice a day with food)
Rest the knee for next couple of weeks and avoid kneeling...
If it continues to bother you then see your doctor or orthopedic to check it. If it is the bursitis that I think that you may have then a steroid shot x 1 may really help to settle it down.
I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD